Most homeowners, or potential homeowners, do some form of research before stepping into a renovation. We all know enough that taking on a home renovation is something you should consider properly – something that you donít take on lightly. Weíve watched Grand Designs, weíve seen the delays, deepening debt and disappointed looks from Kevin Mcleod, when things go wrong.
Committing to a home renovation can be incredibly daunting, but that doesnít mean you should never go for it.
There are simple renovations that can be affordable – they donít have to cost an arm and a leg. There are clever solutions to cutting down costs, but all-the-while still giving your space a brand new look. Nobody but you will know how little was spent on these changes, but guests will be talking about your renovation and the new revamped look of your home for months to come.
There is also the value you are adding to your property by updating a space like a kitchen or bathroom. Kitchens and bathrooms are the number one rooms that a potential buyer will look to when buying a home. Even if you are not looking at selling any time soon, every homeowner wants to know that they are adding value to their home in the correct places and spending the money where it is due. Every kitchen and bathroom revamp will add huge value to your home so it is never a bad idea to revamp these areas.
So letís look at kitchens and bathrooms – here are a few questions you can ask yourself to work out if itís time to renovate:
- Does the layout of the Kitchen work for you? Does it make you want to spend hours in this space entertaining and cooking up a storm?If the answer is NO, it is time to renovate. If you donít want to spend time in this space, it is highly unlikely that the next homeowner will.
- Is the kitchen still the original kitchen that the first owner had in their home?If the answer is YES, it is probably outdated and itís time for a revamp.
- Does the kitchen have old damp carcasses or are the cabinet doors looking a bit tacky? Are the Kitchen counters due for a revamp?These are all crucial signs for a renovation and if left alone these problems will only get worse – they can even eventually prevent you from using your own kitchen due to broken items.
- Are any of your Bathrooms unused?Most homes have more than one bathroom and should you find yourself, and your family, gravitating to one bathroom over another it might be time for a revamp.
- Is the space cramped, not utilized well and just not functional for your family use anymore? Functionality is key in a space like a bathroom – you should look at renovating to a better layout that works well for you and your family.
- Is your bathroom outdated? Is it so busy with different tile patterns and elements that it makes you feel dizzy being within it?
Bathrooms are meant to be a haven, a place of sanctuary after a long day at work. They need to be a place where you can unwind and clear your mind. All of this cannot happen if your bathroom gives you an unpleasant sense just to be within it. Time to get the hammer and start breaking it all down. A simpler layout and tile will be a timeless renovation that will last you for years to come. Itís time to go for it!